6 months have passed! It’s now a quarter end as well, giving us another homerun of a month for Dividend Income. Also, as summer just turned the page to begin, let’s see if brighter sun and warmer weather also aligned with a blockbuster of a month for dividend income!
This month, I received a total of $844.17. This was another record June month that I have ever had, especially in comparison to last year’s goliath month of $753.57 in income, as the income is higher, the jumps won’t be as substantial. However, it’s worthy to note a big oil company of mine didn’t pay this June as they did last year and are instead paying in July, which is the reason it wasn’t the biggest jump (higher, nonetheless!).
Similarly, I have split out between the individual stock amounts and the retirement accounts, as the ” – R” indicates a Roth IRA dividend (or the furthest column to the right, I forgot the “R” on O). I separate these two, as I like to know what portion of my dividend income is coming from those retirement accounts that I cannot touch until 59.5 (barring any other usage rule I could use). Here, it shows that I received a total of $433.24 or 51% of my income from retirement accounts and the other 49% was from my individual taxable account portfolio. This is much higher than it has been in other months, simply because quarter end is a big month for the ETFs/Roth 401K Fund/old Roth Fund’s dividend. To see my portfolio – one can go to our portfolio summary page.
Now, I look back at 2014 June’s total. The total then was $753.57. From a pure percentage stand point, a growth rate of 12.03% – pretty happy considering the “Size” of the growth i.e. almost $100 more. If I keep that up, this time next year will be over $945, I wouldn’t doubt that that is where it will be. I know I’ll be there, I have to be, I can feel it. With new purchases, new dividend reinvestment and dividend growth – I’ve got this! Also, I had 19 different positions that paid me this month. 19. Think about that. 19 different areas handed me a check. So happy, words cannot even begin to describe this. Also, my increase within VINIX (the mutual fund for my 401K), had a nice jump of over $30, showing the power of the 401k, the match and reinvestment. Overall, very happy, it could have been a little higher, but one of my companies is paying during July instead of June and that is approximately $70 more (give or take a few bucks). That’s okay, July will be there for me. My purchase into JNJ will also help with June and other quarter ends going forward, which will be nice, as this month wasn’t impacted yet.
Dividend Income Increases
Strong month from a dividend growth standpoint! One of my favorite Canadian Banks – Canadian Imperial (CM) increased their dividend again slightly by $0.03 (CAD) and after conversation/translation, this increased my portion going forward by $6.45. Further, Target had a nice increase of 7.70% this year, with Caterpillar increasing there’s by a great figure of 10%. Further, Realty Income or (O), which is one of Bert’s stocks regarding the impact of Greece, had a small bump as well. From Dividend increases, $25.16 was added to my forward looking income from just thi smonth alone. Perfect and cannot be anymore happier.
Conclusion & Summary
As I discussed back then with my normal monthly expenditures at the moment, this $844 covers 89.6% of my average $942 monthly expense for my house, including utilities. This covers my utilities and even the majority of a grocery bill if that would be the case. Interesting. This actually almost fully covers my mortgage, property tax and house insurance payment, NICE! All of the investing from last year and moves this year, show being frugal to save 60% of my income help me in achieving lofty goals that I set in place for my 2015 year. I am looking forward to July, as with one of companies pushing their payout to July, should add a very nice bump. Thankful and happy to reflect on this month from all of the hardwork. How did your June month’s go? Did you crush your goals? Did you beat last year’s? Anything unusual happy? Please share! Thanks everyone