We are the Dividend Diplomats. Two guys in their Mid-20’s in a race to gain more time now before we hit 59.5 years of age for the “normal” retirement age. You can see our goals at the linked page. The Dividend Diplomat journey began in a 1997 Toyota Celica that was struggling over the 200,000 mile mark on our way to Clearfield, PA… One individual had over $1.5K in projected dividend income and the other had more money in his pocket than projected dividends in his portfolio, and let’s just say – most people don’t hold that much cash, if you catch my drift.
This is when the journey truly began, a nice 3.5 hour conversation from two CPAs in a beater of a car talking about breaking free from the chains of working as a CPA. We both were fired up, eagerly talking investing strategies and that is when the one Diplomat began his preaching on the Dividend Investing topic and how it takes the nonsense out of the ridiculous world of investing and suddenly made it very clear on the strategy to truly build a cash flowing, incoming thriving portfolio. Here is where we will describe who we are in a short brief as well as a longer story from where we have come from and where we are about to go. Thank you for visiting our site, as we update you on or purchases, stock analysis’, goal status, portfolio updates and, of course – our dividend income monthly breakdowns. Let’s all try to learn and push each other to new lengths to fully reach financial independence, here we go!
- Age: 28
- Born: Akron, Ohio
- Where did you graduate?: The University of Akron – B.S. Accounting (2009) and MBA-Finance (2011)
- First Stock/Investment Owned: T. Rowe Price 2040 Fund
- Date of your first purchase: February 9, 2009
- Top Dividend Producing Stocks: Phillip Morris (PM) and AT&T (T)
- Current Overall Yield: 3.41%
- Age: 27
- Born: Cleveland, Ohio
- Where did you graduate?: THE Ohio State University – B.S. Accounting (2011) and Case Western Reserve University -MAcc (2012)
- First Stock/Investment Owned: Bank of America (BAC)
- Date of your first purchase: September 20, 2010
- Top Dividend Producing Stocks: Citizens & Northern Bank & Target Corp.
- Current Overall Yield: 3.98%