As time passes, so does a month of collecting dividend income. I am astounded by the first quarter already being in the books and my busy season feeling like it is 80% over. How wild is that? My fourth full busy season is just about up. Almost 900 hours later (that’s insanity in human terms) and I’m writing my quarter end, month of March Dividend post. Enough about busy season, let’s talk dividend income!
This month, I received a total of $797.83. This was a record March month and, thought I hate to admit, I am obsessed with quarter ends. The excitement I have for the month of receiving dividends is unparalleled, as I know the majority of stocks pay during that time.
Similarly, I have split out between the individual stock amounts and the retirement accounts, as the ” – R” indicates a Roth IRA dividend. I separate these two, as I like to know what portion of my dividend income is coming from those retirement accounts that I cannot touch until 59.5 (barring any other usage rule I could use). Here, it shows that I received a total of $305.10 or 38% of my income from retirement accounts and the other 62% was from my individual taxable account portfolio. To see my portfolio – one can go to our portfolio summary page.
Now, I look back at 2014 March’s total. The total then was $615.32. I have to talk about it, but referencing last March, just so happened to be my first dividend income post, ever, on this blog! I cannot even describe that referring back to that article means us Dividend Diplomats are embarking on ONE YEAR of being online and in this community. Sorry to digress to share the excitement and milestone, but DAMN we have come a LONG way. Back to dividend income… Earning $797.83 is 29.66% higher than last year, receiving my last dividend from LO, as I finally made my decision to sell them and buy PM in place, as well as bearing the LARGE fruit of BBL, which I finished telling Mantra I almost forgot about them! I am definitely digging the 30% growth from last year, as if I grow at that same rate – I’ll cross the illustrious $1K mark next year. Looking forward to seeing a consistent flow of that.
Dividend Income Increases
I am going to pass on reviewing dividend income increases, as Chimera (CIM) increased a half cent, not providing and Realty Income (O) increase 5 hundredths of a cent, so very minimal here. April, however, will be a fun review for this area.
Conclusion & Summary
As I discussed back then with my normal monthly expenditures at the moment, this $797 covers 84.6% of my average $942 monthly expense for my house, including utilities. I am getting closer, I can feel it, if only February’s dividend income was there, as well as other months that are in the year! What this shows though is I am On Track. Hear that? I am on track to being financially free. I am on track to having more time, passions for life. I am on track to show that dividend income investing works. I am on track of pushing limits, being frugal to save 60% of my income, while achieving lofty goals set in place. I am so damn lucky for all of you to help fuel the fire each day, and I am on track because of it. I have updated the dividend income page to reflect these results, more to come baby!! How did your quarter end go? Achieve what you thought? Seeing the fruit from the seed being planted? Any feedback or guidance? Thanks everyone, you’re the best. -Lanny