We are now entering December! Gearing up after this one for the FINAL dividend posting and last month + to reach your annual goals. Extremely excited for things coming down the pipeline and dividend income will be looking solid going into December. Now… to the numbers!
This month, I received a total of $293.57, which is higher than August’s total of $287.34 or a 2.16% increase. Not too shabby, eh? I had 11 different payments come in from companies and I cannot be more happy with how this month “paid” out – no pun intended. Just excited that I have been consistently cruising with dividend income throughout the month. See Snippet:
AT&T came in as the big company at the round table. Which is quite funny, given the recent battle and success for my mom over the TV/Internet package deal, don’t worry Bert keep up the pursuit of cutting the cord! KMI was right behind there and I can’t wait to benefit even more since my last purchase of this pipeline earlier on. Big moat here.
Similarly, I have split out between the individual stock amounts and the retirement accounts, as the ” – R” indicates a Roth IRA dividend (or the furthest column to the right). I separate these two, as I like to know what portion of my dividend income is coming from those retirement accounts that I cannot touch until 59.5 (barring any other usage rule I could use). Here, it shows that I received a small total of $72.93 or 24.84% of my income from retirement accounts and the other 75.16% was from my individual taxable account portfolio. $72.93 from retirement accounts shows that I’m all ready for my set it and forget it mentality to keep that income going, but given the large amount of income, it’s nice to the bulk of my dividend income from individual stocks. To see my portfolio – one can go to our portfolio summary page.
Now, I look back at 2014 November’s total. The total then was $147.07. From a pure percentage stand point, a growth rate of 99.6%, whoa… Not sure if I can keep that up and go from $293 to $585… 2016 would have to be a monster year! Possibly with new purchases, new dividend reinvestment and dividend growth – I can do this! 11 different companies paid me this month and I had 8 that paid me last year (due to new purchases). These totals and increases make sense, as I have now cruised passed $6,600 in projected income. Love seeing that amount go up, that’s for sure.
So to re-cap, last month of October, the companies that announced an increase in their dividend, have increased my projected income by $28.32 going forward, which was already TWO solid months of increases to my forward income via dividend increases alone announced my companies (Sept & Oct). This month – was another HUGE month, as you can see in the chart above. Notable increases were from Rockwell Automation (ROK) at 11.54% – MONEY, which added $6.93 going forward and then my Chip Company – Intel (INTC) announced an 8.34% increase going forward, which added $10.04 to my forward income. Total forward dividend income added from this – $28.45, better than last months!. This is amazing. From the last three months alone, I have added $83.57 in additional income, I seriously get excited about this. Forward income that all I had to do was invest capital into it earlier on and watch it happen. $83.57 at a 4% rate is approximately $2K in capital needed to produce this, and I didn’t have to. A few of these dividend increases were discussed in my notable dividend increases for the month post.
Conclusion & Summary
As I discussed back then with my normal monthly expenditures at the moment, this $239 would cover 25% of my average $942 monthly expense for my house, including utilities. This covers most of my utilities, auto insurance and a few other items – need this number higher, however to cover the big guys – Mortgage/Auto Payment! All of the investing from last year and moves this year, show being frugal to save 60% of my income help me in achieving lofty goals that I set in place for my 2015 year. I am looking forward to the final month of December – best time for dividend income during the year (great quarter end for most of us) and is also a challenge if I could beat my December 2014 dividend income! Thankful and happy to reflect on this month from all of the hardwork. How did your November month’s go? Did you crush your goals? Eat too much Turkey and mashed potatoes? Did you beat last year’s? Anything unusual happen? Please share! Thanks everyone