I cannot believe that I am writing this post for the final month in 2017. So many great things have happened in 2017 and I cannot wait to see what 2018 has in store for all of us. As investors, we have received some great (and some poor) dividend increases during the year. For the last time in 2017, I have compiled a list of dividend paying companies that are expected to announced dividend increases in December. Lanny and I spend so much time monitoring dividend announcements for a ton of companies, so we like to share some our research with all of you. This list isn’t all-inclusive, that would be impossible; but it includes the majority of the companies that we will be monitoring closely over the next 31 days. Now the fun begins. Let’s dive in and see which companies are expected to increase their dividend in December.
actual dividend increases – November 2017
Before looking ahead to December, I wanted to quickly summarize the results of the companies that were mentioned in the November edition of the series. The results were better than expected, so I cannot wait to dive in and share some of these dividend increases with all of you. I’m getting excited typing them!
- Starbucks (SBUX) – When I wrote this article last month, I cited SBUX’s near 25% dividend growth rate and thought to myself “Man this is going to be difficult to maintain.” But you know what? SBUX delivered a 20% dividend increase in November and was pretty darn close to their average increase. My wife and I were pretty excited because as mentioned in my recent dividend income report, this added $5.53 to our forward dividend income. Congrats to all other SBUX shareholders our there as well.
- Sysco Corporation (SYY) – SYY’s increased their quarterly dividend 9%, which is an excellent surprise given their recent five-year average dividend growth rate of 4% prior to this announcement. Another exciting announcement for shareholders!
- Hormel Foods Group (HRL) – Lanny was pretty darn excited about this increased considering he recently initiated a position in Hormel . While their 10.3% dividend increase this quarter was below their recent five-year average of 17%, it is great anytime you can receive a double-digit increase. and his article gave a lot of great detail about this Dividend Aristocrat and their dividend history. This increase added $3.45 to his forward dividend income totals as well. Congrats Lanny and all the other owners out there!
- Automatic Data Processing (ADP) – This was just a great month for dividend increases as ADP also exceeded their recent average growth rate when they announced their dividend increase last month. Much like HRL, ADP announced a 10.5% increase in their quarterly dividend! Again, another great dividend increase in the books!
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC) – Last, but definitely not least, another dividend increase from the buckeye state. LANC announced a 9% dividend increase last month and their ex-dividend date (12/7) is coming right around the corner.
Expected Dividend Increases – December 2017
I cannot believe that a 9% dividend increase was the lowest percent increase in the month of November. This has to be one of the most positing growth rate summaries I have ever produced. Which leaves me VERY excited for December. Now, drumroll please. Time to dive in and see which companies are expected to reward their shareholders with a nice dividend increase for the holiday season!
- AT&T (T) – I’m not going to beat around the bush here. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS INCREASE. Now that my wife and I own almost 175 shares of AT&T combined after our recent purchase, this dividend increase is going to have a HUGE impact on our forward dividend income totals. The one funny thing is that AT&T’s dividend increase is rather predictable and the company has increased their quarterly dividend $.01/share for as long as I can remember. So I am not expecting anything different in 2017. But I can always hold out hope for a surprise, right?
- CVS Health Corporation (CVS) – I added CVS to my portfolio in 2017 and I would love to continue to build this position. CVS has been a dividend growth machine over the last several years and has regularly announced double-digit dividend increases. Unfortunately though, CVS appears to have halted their dividend growth as a part of their recent merger agreement with Aetna to use excess cash flow to pay down their outstanding debt. What a bummer! But hey, I wanted to keep them in this article to help bring this dividend freeze to the attention of all of you.
- Pfizer (PFE) – Yet another stock that Lanny and I both own. Man this is going to be a very exciting month for us! PFE has increased their quarterly dividend $.02/share for the last five years and I do not see any reason why this would change in 2017. If the company continues this trend, we would receive a 6.25% increase. Not too bad, but man am I hoping for a double-digit increase.
- The Boeing Co. (BA) – Holy smokes! Much like CVS, BA has been posting some insane dividend growth rates recently. BA increased their quarterly dividend 30% last year alone. I’m expecting big results here considering BA’s stock price is up over 70% year-to-date. Even though I don’t own shares in this company, I cannot wait to see the results.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT) – Finally, we will finish out listing with a Dividend Aristocrat. ABT has increased their quarterly dividend for 45 consecutive years and I have no reason to believe that streak is not going to be kept alive in December. Last year the company had a tiny increase in their quarterly (from $.26 to $.265), so let’s hope that management delivers with a larger increase this month!
Do you own any of the five companies listed above? Are you expecting dividend increases from any companies that I was not able to include? I know there are more dividend increases out there, so let me know! What did you think about the dividend increases announced in November? What dividend increases did you receive and what were the amounts? Lastly, ARE YOU AS EXCITED AS WE ARE FOR THE BEST DIVIDEND MONTH OF THE YEAR?